Happy Friday. I love Fridays!
This is my last post from my glorious weekend at the Runner’s World Half. I had a ton of fun, learned a lot and got a lot of great stuff from the sponsors of the race and I want to tell you all about the items/people/food that I loved….
First and foremost, my favorite part of the weekend was spending time with David Willey, the Editor-in-Chief of Runner’s World. He is a generous, intelligent, friendly (and beautiful) man.
- Xfinity Fitness Band – On Friday during the ‘Recovery for Runners’ session with ICON Fitness’ Melanie Douglass, we used the ‘Xfinity Band‘ (multi-purpose neon green stretchy band). We did some yoga poses and used the band to aid the stretch. The different holes are there to get a deeper stretch and use added resistance (I’m 0% flexible so it really helped). For example, in the photo below I could barely reach my arms over my head. We also used it for some partner strength work. Best part about this gem: you can buy it at Walmart for < $30 and it comes with a workout DVD. win win win.
- Mushroom tacos al pastor (RW Cookbook) – I love tacos more than I love 99% of the people I encounter. When we got the agenda for the day and I saw the menu included tacos I was obviously pee-in-my-pants thrilled. I have one picture that doesn’t show the meal too well, sorry. I will take another when I attempt this meal at home.
- iFit technology (on ProForm treadmill) – The fellas of iFit gave us a nice, detailed explanation of the technology. Here is what i got out of it….you map ANY route on google maps (you can drive, run or choose to “explore” an area anywhere in the world) and it downloads to the treadmill. The treadmill then picks up the terrain and elevation and simulates the route. If a google map car has driven the route, you get a video on the touch screen display. It is really bad ass and I want a treadmill with this for Christmas. I am so interested in this and want to learn more so I am thinking of getting a Q&A going with the iFit team.
I am going to report back on the following:
- I received a couple of running books that I will be reading (since I only got to page 14 of “What to Expect When Expecting” before getting bored).
- The xfinity band workout DVD
- More iFit information
What is your favorite workout DVD? Do you like running on a treadmill? Would you like to run on a treadmill that simulates any route in the world?