Next up: Ginger
Meal: Spaghetti with Carrot Ginger Sauce
I based this recipe off of a dish I make relatively often – pasta with an avocado sauce.
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 3-4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 cups spaghetti (I used wheat)
- Heat oil in pan. Add garlic, sauté for 30-45 seconds (until garlic is light brown)
- Add ginger and carrots, cook for 12-15 minutes (until carrots are soft)
- Add garlic, ginger and carrots to food processor. Mix in tahini and water.
- Puree the mix until it is smooth
- Mix sauce with spaghetti
To be honest, I was scared to try it at first. My boyfriend took the first bite and said it was good so I went for it. I really enjoyed it! It tasted MUCH more appetizing than it looked.