First: Amanda from Miss Zippy is hosting another link up for your 2013 year in running (head on over to read some amazing posts)! I participated in her link up last year and had a lot of fun writing about my favorite running moments during 2012! It was a great year. I started my blog and I made so many awesome new friends.
I had big plans for 2013. I was going to magically drop 25 min off of my marathon time and qualify for Boston. I got a coach, I ran through all sorts of crazy weather. I put in the work, there is no doubting that. But life is life and shit happens. The first spring marathon I chose had a possibility of being canceled so I signed up for another, which unfortunately was also canceled. I ran a disappointing half and signed up for a fall full. I began training in June and it was going well until it wasn’t. It was because I was unknowingly pregnant. That ended my training and racing for the year!
End of my 2013 Year in Running. It is a weird feeling. I know it is very temporary and I am ecstatic about the baby, but I truly miss setting goals and training and racing.
So 2013 didn’t bring me the best running of my life but it did bring me SO MANY OTHER amazing moments. I have not been this happy in a very long time. My life is moving in the exact direction I wanted and there is so much love surrounding me so I want to share my favorite moments of 2013!
- Snowboarding in Vermont. The ski lodge is one of my favorite places. I am ALWAYS more daring after 3 beers at lunch!
- The miracle baby (and my niece), Liliana was born! I love her so much. Words cannot even describe how happy and thankful that I am that she is absolutely thriving!
- We also iced my brother-in-law Matt at the hospital as a ‘congratulations’. There are no limits in our family.
- NYC Half Marathon! New PR (at the time) and had an absolute blast.
- Ragnar SoCal! Bruce Springsteen and American Flag pants are all I need!!
- I started teaching spin classes! I absolutely love it and cannot wait to go back after the baby!
- I ran the NJ Half Marathon with my sister!
- Two weeks after the NJ Half, I managed to set a new PR at the Brooklyn Half. Even though the race was one of my worst, it gave me confidence that there will be faster finish times in my future! The race was also followed with the most delicious, huge, cheap beer OF MY LIFE.
- We went to Hawaii!
- I got pregnant!!! Sorry, no pictures creeps 🙂
- Fizz asked me to marry him at the Barnegat Lighthouse after a 5k! It was perfect!
- Booked a wedding venue, set a date (10/12/14) and got a wedding dress! Again, no pictures.
- Found out we are having a girl!
- We got married on November 6 🙂 Surpriseeeeee! We went to the courthouse in the town where we live (my sister Brittany and Lily were also there)! It was perfect! Yes we are still having a a wedding next year.
I am positive I forgot something important….. Oh well! Now we are in December and getting close to the holiday! There is so much love all around and I know Christmas will be amazing and I can’t wait for 2014 for even more amazing things!
Note: this is my first link up so I hope I didn’t screw it up.