It’s not Friday. Oh well. Saturday Finds doesn’t quite have the same ring to it and I was REALLY busy at work yesterday!
The majority of posts this week were posts reviewing running and fitness goals of 2012 (mine included). I LOVED reading these posts. Seeing people accomplish their goals is amazing and inspiring. Seeing people set new goals is even more inspiring because I get to follow their journey next year!
Here are some must-reads from the week (including some awesome 2012 recaps), a new blog I love and an old-new favorite song!
New to my Google Reader:
- Alyssa Arminio – An amazing photographer that will no doubt make you laugh.
- I heard this song in Vegas (maybe?) not sure. It was on my Hartford Half playlist and then it disappeared for a while. It is back on my playlist in full action and I am in love.
- One Green Planet is an awesome Vegan resource. The site offers product reviews & recommendations as well as articles and commentary. This week I found the following gem: “Tips on Dealing With Uninformed Eaters.”
- Jesica of RunLadyLike recapped her 2012 in 26.2 posts. She broke it up into a timeline of her year and lessons she learned throughout the year. Her posts are all well written and extremely helpful.
- I added Nicole’s blog to my reader over a month ago and I am very grateful. Her workouts are kickass (not to mention some have been pinned over 100,000 times)! This week she added the “Top 5 Workouts of 2012.” – which were based on site traffic! My sister even has some of her workouts on her Pinterest page! I love seeing a blog I read on my sister’s Pinterest page!
- Rate Your Burn posted the “10 Small-Change Big-Impact New Years Resolutions That Don’t Involve a Crash Diet or an Unsustainably Aggressive Fitness Plan.” Long title, amazing article, even better graphics.
- Jen from Running With the Girls posted an extremely helpful article for all of us that experience winter, “How to Run in the Snow.” Her tips are awesome and she gives great suggestions for safety gear!
- Jen Miller is an amazing writer. She is a regular contributor to the New York Times, Philadelphia Inquirer, Runner’s World, American Way, and New Jersey Monthly as well as countless other publications (source). I started reading her blog years ago. She now writes for Newsworks.org, the online news site of WHYY (Philadelphia’s NPR affiliate). Now that I gave you a bit of her background, she is quintessential Jersey Shore news, and she is brilliant. This week she wrote the following article related to Hurricane Sandy, “Down the Shore: What We’ll Be Talking About in 2013.” If you don’t follow her on Twitter, I suggest you do!