I joined the Elf For Health challenge almost 5 weeks ago. Although I only posted two times about it, the daily challenges are what makes Elf For Health so special! Today’s challenge deserved its own post: “Make a list of 20 things you are thankful for.”
- My health and the health of my loved ones. I do not take this for granted. There have been times when the health of a loved one has been compromised and it is an absolute gut-wrenching feeling.
- My compassion for others and for animals. It’s simple, I want to help those who cannot help themselves.
- My education and my job. I may complain about student loans and my job, but I appreciate what I have learned in college, grad school and my career so far. My resume is competitive and I am appreciative for that.
- The ability and means to purchase a home. Currently, my boyfriend and I are in contract to buy a new home! Our own home! Fingers crossed it all goes well because I am mentally moved in and decorating
- My dogs. I freaking love them so much. And my sisters’ dogs and my friends’ dogs and all dogs. Especially puppies and pictures of puppies doing cute things.
- Not only having the ability to run (sometimes fast) but the passion for running is what keeps me lacing up my always bright-colored sneakers!
- Having been able to live in NYC for years with my friends. Amazing experiences and memories.
- Central Park running, its perfect.
- My sense of humor and quick wit. I was raised on sarcasm and my children will be too.
- Having health insurance. I could not imagine not having it.
- Spandex pants. They make up 95-98% of my wardrobe.
- Bruce Springsteen music and concerts. His music and his concerts hold a special place in my heart. It will forever remind me of my friends, family and hometown. Cue automatic smile.
- My dedication to living and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. It is something I enjoy and frankly prefer.
- How my parents raised me. They taught me to always have self-respect and to be confident and independent. They taught me amazing work ethic and to always live realistically. I will always know what it is like to work for something I want and/or need. I wouldn’t be where I am or who I am without them raising me they way they did.
- The ability to be easily entertained. I love to laugh and I laugh at a lot. If others don’t find you funny, I’m your gal.
- White wine, hefeweizens and margaritas. Depending on my mood, one of those will enhance my day.
- My blog. I have had amazing experiences and opportunities (ahem, a feature on the Fitness Magazine website??). Without this blog, I would never have made certain friends who I believe will be LIFELONG.
- Growing up in Point Pleasant, NJ. I am beyond proud to be from the Jersey Shore. I miss it dearly and am grateful my parents, sister and many friends still live there for me to visit. I must add, I am grateful my family and close friends did not suffer any serious damage after Hurricane Sandy.
- My relationship with my sisters. They are my absolute best friends and I don’t know what I would do without their love and support.
- My family, friends and boyfriend who love me for who I am, no exceptions. I am grateful for their acceptance and their patience.
I loved writing this down. I am going to make a less wordy list for my desk at work. It will help to remind me that no matter what kind of day I am having, that I should always be grateful for the important things in my life!
What are you grateful for?