Following suit, I wanted to complete this Q&A/reflection on running in 2012 that Amanda from Miss Zippy started! 2012 was a great fitness year for me. I started my blog and I met SO many new friends through this community. It is nice to reflect on my year of fitness. As runners, we dedicate a lot of ourselves and our time to the sport!
- I ran 30+ miles in 24 hours
- I ran at 4 am, in the rain, near a cemetery.
- I ran with temporary tattoos all over my body. Theres no turning back now, it is now a must-have accessory during a race.
- I genuinely felt confident in my ability as a runner (in the present and for the future).
2. Best Run: 10/13 - ING Hartford Half Marathon! New (and current) PR: 1:45:39! I went in with the usual A, B and C goals. I surpassed my A goal and cried when I crossed the finish line. I love the half marathon distance and I had no idea I was capable of that finish time. Like I said above, my injury during marathon training threw me for a loop (physically and emotionally) so a huge PR was the perfect “high-five, you’ve still got it” moment for me!
3. Best new piece of gear: 100% Mizuno Elixirs. After running in the Wave Riders for years, I had a new need for a stability shoe. Enter: Elixirs coupled with huge PRs and no more injuries.
4. Best piece of running advice you received: Both come from my amazing friend Erin, different range of topics but both extremely beneficial in a race environment!
- “The body achieves what the mind believes!” – I never stop repeating it to myself, ever.
- “Don’t wear underwear when you run with shorts.”
6. If you could sum up your year in a couple of words, what would they be? Emotional, unpredictable & exciting as hell.
I am adding one last piece of information:
7. Most exciting (running) moment of 2012: Being featured on Fitness Magazine’s blog, The Fit Stop. Holy crap, I am still so excited! I want to hang it up on my fridge or my parent’s fridge. I am positive they will love that
Bring it on 2013!
If you decide to write-up a post of your own, leave me a link in the comments so I can read it or answer a few (or all) of the questions here! I would love to hear about your year of running!