- GOAL: Literally do a plank every day! ACTUAL: Not even close. I always forget and the Plank Police yell at me on Twitter.
- GOAL: Run a sub-23 minute 5k race. ACTUAL: Not ready to run those paces yet.
- GOAL: BECOME A CERTIFIED SPINNING INSTRUCTOR! ACTUAL: I am now a Certified Spin Instructor
- GOAL: Continue practicing yoga and pilates. ACTUAL: Not as much as I would like. I found myself focusing more on running again. I don’t want to fall into this trap. I need to adjust my priorities again!
- GOAL: Try new (healthy) foods that I have never tried before. ACTUAL: I have no idea or do not recall if I tried anything new but I hope I did.
- GOAL: Run. Anywhere, for any amount of time. ACTUAL: Done and done and done at Ragnar (I will do a review soon, when I can actually sit down and process the amazing experience)!
I am so elated that I am running again (not fast, but freaking strong) that I do not care about missing the other goals right now. There is time for them in the near future!
October 2012 Goals:
- Lets keep this one going from August until it actually happens: Do a plank for 5 minutes, comfortably. If I do not do one everyday, it alright. I won’t post pictures of my plank times anymore either, until I hit 4 minutes and 5 minutes!
- Continue practicing yoga and pilates. I will get back into the game with both of these. I feel better after both classes and there is no reason to only focus on running!
- Complete 2 (hopefully) successful 20+ mi runs!
- Do 2-3 strength train sessions each week. I need to work on my core as well! This will help to complete the NYC Marathon.
What are your goals for October?